I posted this tutorial on a public forum and the feedback I got from it was awesome. Other artists decided to throw their own steps in and take my unfinished eye to whole other level. I wanted to include these steps because they pull everything together very well. Thank you so much to everyone that contributed!
- By Loki
- I took the freedome and went quickly over your eye. Here's what I added:
* Harder shadow from the eyelid - helps defining the eye
* Highlights in the white part of the eye / pseudo enviroment reflection - since the eye is wet, it picks up quite a bit from the enviroment.
* Detail in the pupil. Just for fun
* more wetness and redness in the corners of the eye
* sharpened the edges of the iris - since it's a hole with a sharp edge
What I didn't do is correcting the overall shape, since one would treat and shade the eye as a part of a sphere (rest is hidden by eyelis & skull) with a little sphere on top (the pupil/lens). Very nice painting though Jez - made me want to play with it.
- By Freddio
- I added a bit of stuff also, got a bit more depth into it more contrast also so the highlights look better. (Freddio). i couldn't help it.. the lack of lower eyelashes was driving me crazy. :P here's some lower lashes: (Sweetpea):
Step 10 - By Lunatique
- Luna added a lovely eyebrow to finish it off: