During studying in the UK I had visit the National Railway Museum for a couple of times an been attractive by those steam locomotives, figuring I might should make one using my skill.
Gathering references took very long time as well as thinking of the composition. Modeling was not very difficult in this case; texturing also took a while as proper images needed; I used VRay for rendering the image with a VRay sun that lighten the scene. Also, Global Illumination been applied. The image been separated into several layers using Render Element and then been blended together in Photoshop. Finally, I put the image into Lightroom to give it a bit more adjustments.