After that I exported it back into ZBrush, divided it a few times and started working on some fine geometry. It was at exactly that time that I started feeling a bit stupid as it turned out to be rather difficult to combine all the different parts and yet make them look organic and natural. It became a series of experimenting, trying this and that, exploring human and animal anatomy and thinking about how to apply it to my zombie and make it look believable.
Then I divided the model even more and started adding all the different wrinkles – my favorite part of the work (Fig.04). I used free alphas from ZBrushCentral – really awesome stuff – and also created some from the iguana photos for the cheeks and the back of my zombie creature (Fig.05). That’s the real fun, it’s only texturing that I like more!