I actually used 3ds Max to help generate a throne. As I projected the model on the painting I realized that my perspective was off and my foreshortening didn't look right. I didn’t like the direction it was going. I got lazy with my fundamentals in the beginning and it came back to haunt me. Rather than attempt to fix the current illustration I decided to try to model some parts and see it if would give me different results. Again, since it wasn't for a client I saw this as an opportunity to get some practice in.
As you can see I'm not that good at modeling so I tried to get to a point that was good enough to start painting on top of (Fig.09).