To look at the project, it would seem that the modeling was pretty difficult, but actually it was very simple in the shape and content. All the modeling was done by using editable splines and editable polys.
I started by modeling the project environment: an office room. I wasn’t particularly interested in the details of the environment – I was going to focus more on the details that were inside the room and were important to the project.
Once the room was complete, the next step was to fill it with some furniture starting with a bookcase. Before I started modeling the bookcase, I searched for some more reference images for bookcases that would be suitable for the scene and could contain a large number of books and found this useful blueprint (Fig.02).