In order to cut the intersection area with the door precisely, I created the line to the door at the vertical position and then aligned to the right of the door using the Align command. After copying, I aligned to the left side of the door. I cleaned the middle area using the Trim command and deleted the temporary lines that I drew for cutting operations (Fig.07).
After creating the objects, I was able to organize the scene with the Layer Manager.
By this point I had completed the structure of the room and could move onto modeling the furniture. Starting with the cot, I created the panels along the bedside with a Rectangle. I used the Shape / Splines command for the circles at the top side of the panels. After resizing the circles, I cleaned the intersection areas with Trim. I applied Fillet in order to round the sharp edges. After this, I merged the objects with the Attach command (Fig.08).
After copying the end panel, I added thickness with a Bevel. I created the base of the bed from a Box and set up suitable Segments necessary to shape it. In order to work comfortably in a gradually complex scene, I choose to use Isolation Mode. I used a Plane object for the base part and add thickness using the Shell command (Fig.09).
After drawing the upper part of the cage with a line, I made it renderable with Rectangular section. After drawing the vertical bars of the cot using a line, I added thickness in the Radial section. I multiplied them with the Spacing Tool.
I used the Bevel tool, found under Editable Poly, in order to make the drawers (Fig.10). I created the handle of the drawers from a Star object and after giving the handle thickness with the Bevel command, I duplicated it.
In order to align the handles to the drawers precisely, I duplicate the middle surface of the drawers and then deleted it again after I'd aligned everything correctly (Fig.11).
In order to model the bed I duplicate the base and increased its thickness after playing around with the Shell option. I applied Chamfer edges with Edit Poly and then used TurboSmooth (Fig.12).
To create the blanket, I duplicated the bed. After that I deleted the Editable Poly and increased the Plane and Shell Segment amounts. I also decreased the TurboSmooth amount. I applied Noise to the object and thanks to this, the blanket seem wrinkled and looked natural (Fig.13).
I created the pillow from a box. After setting up a suitable Segment number, I converted to Editable Poly in order to drag vertices. I set the dimension and position and copy them to the pillow's near side (Fig.14).
< previous page continued on next page >