I used colors based on the original colors of the Flash, and added appropriate materials and accents, to create the fiery character of the fox. To keep the work authentic to the eye, I used a saturation of color, keeping in the limits of 80% and worked on the contrasts between the colors until I'd achieved the desirable accents.
Next was the hard manual work. Pixel by pixel I drew on top of the sketch. I worked on spots and shading. Sometimes I merged the layers and continued to work on the new surface. During this kind of work it's important to monitor your results and listen to criticism (Fig.09 - 12).
As a final step, I correction the brightness and colors. I also created some stylized titles, made a border and then left the image alone for several days. The day before the deadline I came back and made a few more changes, composed the workflow sheet and uploaded the required resolution and compressed it for a few hours before the deadline. And with that, the image was done (Fig.13).
For self-improvement, I like to periodically review my progress and remember my mistakes. To sum up, here are some corrections for this image:
1. There is some discrepancy between the post and the environment, because the environment was made after
2. The illumination is badly defined
3. There are errors in the anatomy (left leg).