All plants were created in the programme, Onyx Tree and materials for them were made in 3ds Max. I transformed some of the plants in VRayProxy. However, I found the landscape to be somewhat boring and so decided to add some animal life to the scene. The sample I used was a terrestrial being, Phalangium Opilio. From an old artwork I made a simple model of the spider (using the method of polygonal modelling; the feelers were created with the help of the loft tool) which I was able to re-use for this project (Fig.05).
The finished model has added segments, added thorns, and increased hair (by means of the Hair and Fur modifier). Hair was then transformed into a grid. Before giving the creature a desirable pose, I moved the affected pivots to joints and adjusted the links (Fig.06). Here is the result (Fig.07).
I lowered the horizon line in the basic scene file and inserted the model of the spider monster. I chose a sky light for my basic illumination, and the character was kept dark so that it displayed an accurate contour. The lonely travelling monster is on the boundless bogs of a distant plane but still looked boring. So I decided that I'd need to show something more interesting...
I'd like to state here that in this work the simplest texturing methods were used (no Unwrap UVW, just UVW Mapping). All textures for the main characters were procedural using SSS (Fig.08).
The centipede was created very quickly (using the method of polygonal modelling). I created a spline, repeating its position, and then took advantage of the Path Deform modifier (Fig.09). I usually use this modifier for snakes. The cocoons in the scene were created as shown (Fig.10). For the textures on the egg it was necessary to work in Photoshop (Fig.11). It turned out to be a very difficult material, so I will just say that I used VRayBlendMtl with SSS to keep things simple.