The second part of the texturing process was the UVWmap, for the scale. It's important to be extremely careful with this part, because an object with false mapping can give the scale of your scene away! (Fig.06)
As my render engine, I used V-Ray 1.50 for 3D Studio Max. V-Ray is, for me, double-sided software. On the one hand, it is absolutely greedy in terms of your hardware resources! But on the other hand, it can be optimised and create great renders in short amounts of time – providing you understand the settings! One picture can speak better than a thousand words, so here are the settings I use for this image (Fig.07).
And here is the first final render for this project (Fig.08). For a picture of 1500x1312 pixels, the render time was 42 minutes.
After some colour correction and tweaking in Photoshop, the image was complete (Fig.09). The entire project took me 3-4 days in my spare time to create. It was interesting in terms of the execution for the lighting and I’ve now got a great render setting for an interior which doesn’t require too much time, and there was no need for any large amounts of post work, just some usual corrections!
This image was created using
a few of the hundreds of textures from the
Total Texture CDs - very comprehensive texture
collections priced with the hobbyist in mind.
To see more examples, download free
samples and read full details follow