We're going to build the Dead Twice's mantle. So hide all parts and go to the frontal viewport.
1. Well, I prefer the side viewport, but you can use any other one.
2. Create a plane object and convert to Editable Poly as image 214.
3. Start creating the faces/vertexes and fittings. Clone to the right side.
4. Continue working on the model. Work the back of the mantle too.
5. The model should be as the image shown.
6. Build the cloth until the floor. I haven’t done it in the original work because I created only the necessary to be seen in the camera view. I suggest to build all parts in this tutorial. Other detail: I haven’t created the rope for the waist, but you can do it.