I'm Zdenek UrbÃ¡nek, I was born in 1987 in the Czech Republic where I live and study. In this Making Of, I will show you something of the process I used to create this scene. For this scene I used 3DS Max 7, and Adobe Photoshop for creating the textures. Firstly, I found many reference images and blue-prints of the Mustang 1965, and used a few elements from other models as reference material. For the blue-prints I made 4 planes for 4 views, and I right-set it with the aid of a box.
I started by creating the wheel. On the tyre, I have done one part which I attach for the right duration.
For the wheel rim, I did this in the same way (Box Modelling). I then made the wheel brace and the Mustang logo which is in the middle wheel. Behind the wheel, I created a simple brake. I made a narrow cylinder in the correct proportion, and to the cylinder I added a lot of holes. This rim, for example, isn't typical of a Ford Mustang, but I wanted it.
The image below is the show render wheel only. This image was done in a Final Render System, but the settings for V-ray were very similar. Regarding the material, I will talk about this later.
The image below is the final car model in a wire render and all is ready for meshsmooth. The basic form of the vehicle body was made according to prepared blue-prints (which I discussed at the beginning). Afterwards I added more details, which are very important for the final render.
I would like show you some details of the interior - steering wheel, seats, handles - but these parts are all almost invisible in the final render.