Effects and Final adjustments
Lets make a little noise - On more or less quantity, all my work i tend to have some granule or noise. It is something that I like to add, as it makes the image feel less "cold" and gives it a very pleasant"imperfection touch". This is the process that I followed for this image's noise:
- First, we create a Overlay layer over the rest of the layer. We fill this layer with grey colour with value RGB:128. With this grey tone, the layer will be completely transparent.
- Second step, we apply the Add Noise filter. In "Amount" we will put the maximum value: 400%
- Third step, we apply three time the filter "Brush Strokes-Spatter", obtaining irregular shapes and stains on the initial noise.
- Forth step, we apply the "Blur - Blur" filter for getting the shapes to be less hard.
- And the last step, we adjust the opacity degree of the layer, on this paint is 7%, a high degree as I normally use 3% or 4%. On this particular case I also added a transparency mask, for making the granule more subtle on some zones, for example the characters face.
Now we are ready to call this image completed, and this will no doubt give a little moment of happiness.
< previous page