Step 02 - Base elements of the chair
23) After creating the wheel, resize it and move it away for the center of the scene.
24) With a Chamfer Box, create que first leg, like the picture below.
25) Now we have to raise this polygons, creating a nice detail in the leg. When making the shaders, we are going to apply a metal material to the leg and a plastic material do this new detail.
26) With only the leg selected, use the hotkey ALT+Q to enter in the Isolation Mode. In this mode, everything is going to disappear but the selected object.
27) Convert it to Editable Poly, enter in Polygon subobject and select this polygon:
28) Then, use Grow tool and add to the selection the around polygons.
29) Apply to this selection an negative Extrude, with Local Normal option selected. Now the detail is created.
30) Press CTRL+I, this hotkey will invert the selection. Now we have the hole leg selected, but the detail.