In this tutorial I'm going to teach you how to create the model, materials and lighting of this render below in 3ds max 5:
In the chapters your're going to learn a lot of tecnics and tricks. I'm going to guide you step by step so any person I will be able to follow them. Hope you like it, lets begin!
Step 01 - Modeling the Wheel
1) Create a Sphere in Perspective viewport, from this object we are going to model all parts of the wheel. Press the F4 hotkey to make all edges visible.
2) Rotate it 90Âº, now we have the direction of edges favorable to our objectives.
3) Convert it to Editable Poly, now we are going to create some new polygons. In Polygon subobject, select all top center polygons
4) With Extrude tool, select Local Normal option at Extrusion Type group. Now specifie an Extrusion Height to create a superior layer.
5) From this layer, we are going to extrude new polygons, creating the conection between the wheel and the leg.
6) With a square selection of polygons, make a hole deleting them.
7) Adjuste the format of this hole to be similar to a circle.
next page >