I exported to XSI, where I made up a simple bone system which consisted mainly of spheres and cylinders. I used the system to put the molerat into pose. Then I exported back to Wings3d again, to clean up some errors caused by the posing and to add a few more details. (more folds, more details on the head, more intersections on the hands which turned out to be too short)
Same procedure for the other objects. It was hard to find good references of old windows on google, so I asked on a forum for that. The camera is an E. & H.T. Anthony Champion, found on http://www.fiberq.com/cam/ (lots of very good references for cameras there).
I modeled with eye-measuring on the references, without blueprint in the viewport, cause it's the quickest method if the model does not have to be exact. I didn't chamfer edges but insteac used ring select => connect => (bevel edge) => slide, which leads to the wire you see in the picture and gives, compared to chamfering edges, better results after meshsmoothing, especially at corners of the object. The window and the wall were modeled the same way, all objects are made from cylinders or boxes.