Some last light-adjustment and the scene was ready for rendering. I made two renderings one with just the wallpaper and one with just the bricks. Also an Alpha and Z Channel.
After applying the Alpha Channel to the basic Layer, I started with the basic detail correction. I then added the bloomy feathers, highlights and some deeper shadows to the bird. I amplified the wallpaper bump, which suffered by the 'Light tracer' Calculations, as you see on the picture. Again, the 'Emboss' filter did his job well.
The next thing that was painting was the glass in the window. I started with some freehand strokes on a new layer to define the major cracks and completely broken out areas. Refining and 'Minimize' Filter gave the right crack look. Next layer was about darkening the glass areas, then a cloudy sky background. Many others followed. Indeed, I ended up with 15 Layers for the window, including some shadow modification to receive a caustic effect on the wood. Fortunately the scene interior was much darker than the outside, so I hadn't care a lot about the reflections.