This project started as a personal challenge, I wanted to apply everything that I learned throughout this year in a single work. I had in mind the idea of making a scene based on the fight between a warrior woman and a dragon, inspired in some role-playing games with a bit from both oriental and western design, so I worked on this idea holding tight to this concept.
Anyways as I progressed I started changing some parts and improving others as new ideas and I applied what I was just learning. I think its good to adapt oneself to changes and not clinging to an established idea. So I took pictures of a girl friend and based on the pictures I made some drafts, to adjust the idea of what I wanted to do.
I began with the girl's body, something I had never done before; a human figure of realistic proportions. So far I had read some tutorials about the best ways of constructing her, a basic study of edge loops and other concepts that helped a good deal.
Although at the end the body would totally covered by the armor, I thought it would be a good learning exercise from which I would benefit, as I can take advantage of the experience for future works and save time.