By now it was time to start the detailing the hair. After running through a few possibilities, I decided on the one shown in Fig.04. It was quite rough at this stage but that would be taken care of later. For the mask, I painted its shape in deep purple on a separate layer, and set the layer to overlay in order to achieve the effect that can be seen in the image. A little more work was done on the robe, overlaying a texture to make its appearance a bit more interesting.
I spent more time smoothing out the skin and features. The hair was refined by first blocking in the strands with a medium soft round brush and then adding in the details with a smaller hard round brushes with shape dynamics turned on. I decided that the background was too light to depict the mood I was aiming for, so I duplicated the coloured background layer and set the layer mode to overlay (Fig.05). To add some realism to the skin, I made a new layer and added some skin blemishes with a small medium-soft round brush with scatter turned on. I then turned off the scatter and added the slightly larger beauty spots beneath her eye and on her forehead (Fig.06).