Finally, I added turbo smooth (Fig.64) and duplicated the door for each cell opening (Fig.65) with vertex sub object selected. I pooled out some vertexes with the soft selection mode, and turned on to create bumpers and damage to the doors (Fig.66-67).
90% of the base textures that I used came from 3DTotal's great texture CDs.
Before I started to paint the textures I laid out the models UV's. For simple models, like the bed's metal parts and the garbage can, or the scales, I used regular UVW mapping (planar, box or cylinder), and for the room and the character I used the UVW unwrap modifier.
I wanted to be able to control the wall texture in a single map so that I could maintain continuity with all sides of the room's walls, so I laid out the wall's UVs on a single map and set the resolution to 5000 pixels long, to get good results in a close-up render.
Fig.69 shows the wall's UV map.
The base textures that I used for the walls (the posters were found in "Google Images”) can be seen in Fig.70.
The final wall's map, with close-up in full resolution, can be seen in Fig.71.