The material for the chrome headlights had to be very reflective, with values in the Refl. glossiness box at 1.0, and Subdivs at 50 (Fig.17).
For the mesh of the front air intakes, I used a standard Max material with the following values, plus an opacity bitmap to create holes (Fig.18).
Another relevant material present in the scene was the floor, which was easy to make with a standard Max material, these values: diffuse white specular level 0, glossiness 10, and a reflection VrayMap.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
So as you can see, the texturing is very easy to do. Any other materials that I used were standard Max and modified in the diffuse and glossiness levels.
Let's now turn to the final part of the preparation process and render the scene! The idea was to create a kind of studio environment, like some brands of cars do in order to shoot their cars.Â To generate the environment I used a ramp gradient. In the Materials Editor I applied the degrading ramp and gave it an angle of W90 degrees in the co-ordinates. In the Gradient Ramp Parameters I set the colour from blue to white, as shown in the image (Fig.19).
The placement of the camera in a low position, with a small angle of inclination of the box with depth of field, achieves the blurring that we can see in the final render (the target distance depends on the amount of blurring that we need) (Fig.20).
I added a V-Ray light to help with the lighting setup; I set the value in the multiplier to 2.7 and sampling subdivs with a value of 256.
For the rendering process, I chose V-Ray as my rendering engine because it's very fast and yields excellent results! For the anti-aliasing filter I used a combination of adaptive subdivision and Ron Catmull, but this depends on each according to the GI. I selected a combination of Irradiance Map for the Primary Light bounces, and Secondary Cache bounces, which I used to obtain correct results with Global Lighting.
The post production for the final render was done entirely in Photoshop.Â Basically, it consisted of a small colour correction and that was all!
I wish you all good health and good luck with your own 3D projects. Thanks for reading!
Final Render 1
Final Render 2
< previous page