The sculpting part was a good exercise in anatomy and cloth. The finer details were made with custom alphas I downloaded from ZBrush Central. Then I added more details like eyelashes and teeth.
When I finished with the sculpting part, I started texturing the model. Everything was PolyPainted in ZBrush. First were the eyes, then the face, trying to give it an even more scared look and adding that black, blurred make-up. I didn't spend much time painting the textures because my idea was for a more washed-out, noisy image (Fig.05).
Since she was still naked, I decided to add a Mickey Mouse-style helmet, inspired by Brian M. Viveros's (http://brianmviveros.com) illustrations. Maybe to hide the hair, maybe not - I think it turned out better with that helmet (Fig.06)!
To prepare the model for rendering, I unwrapped the body, eyes and the helmet using ZBrush's UV Master plugin. Then I painted the Diffuse, Specular and SSS amount maps for the body and eyes, and baked the Normal map (Fig.07).