My next and favorite step was the lighting. This is what I enjoy the most, so I took care when working on it. I undertook several tests with my camera, compared my image to a bunch of pictures from the internet and after a while I managed to achieve the look I wanted. During the lighting process I found it vital to maintain a realistic feel between the 3D camera, the lighting, exposure and lens effects.
The lighting set up for the scene was very simple. I started testing with an exterior light (direct light) and then added the more obvious lights such as those above the fruit stalls (V-Ray lights). I rounded everything off by adding extra lights in a few spots as I felt it needed enhancing.
Finally I used Photoshop for a few improvements as I wanted to create a richness in color and contrast that is only possible in image-editing software (Fig.09 - 10). At this point I added extra texture to the floor details, objects and signs of dirt and wear. As a final touch I used Digital Fusion to add film grain and chromatic aberration.
That is it! I hope you found the article useful. I would like to add that at the end I was very happy with the result, but I am hoping to improve for the next one.