Next I set the lighting, which is the part that interests me the most in any project. For this project I used a vray_sun with the addition of a vray_sky in the environment map button (Fig.09).
For the interior, I utilized only the photometric lights (Fig.10) located to simulate the real position. Like any visual, the use of the camera is important. I tried to position mine to emphasize the entire architecture without necessarily seeing everything (Fig.11).
Once this was established, I went to the parameters of V-Ray and I set Global Illumination with the irradiance map as the primary bounces and lightcache as the secondary bounces. I did not use many other settings as that would have extended the timing. I had in my mind the final result and that was enough.
One very useful thing for the final result was to set in the color mapping the exponential for the final rendering (Fig.12).
With the render I activated different render elements including wire color, AO, reflection, refraction and some lighting passes (Fig.13).
Everything was mixed in Photoshop, and after assembling the various steps I did an initial slight color correction (Fig.14).
< previous page