I combed the eyebrows using the Groom Hair Short brush, and I also used the Groom Lengthen brush at some points to achieve a more uneven look. Once satisfied with the overall look I started to sculpt skin pores and imperfections using the Standard brush and some alphas textures (in particular I used Antropus alphas, which always I find very useful for my needs)(Fig.08).
The hairs took some time to be made. I tried to figure out a good workflow before I started. I set a medium length and, starting from the nape, I stratified many rows from the bottom upwards, combing them with the Groom Hair Long brush (Fig.09). Here's the look I obtained (Fig.10).
I quickly refined the clothes and fabric patterns. To do this, I simply mapped a tileable pattern on my clothes UVs, and after masking by intensity, I used the Inflat tool, with a small positive value to sculpt it (the Inflat tool is located in the Deformation panel). On the jacket I made a pinstripe effect using the Alpha 60 from ZBrush plugged into a Standard brush with Lazy Mouse on.
Once I finished the model I painted it with polypaint. I didn't used photos to texture the face, only a Standard brush with the Spray feature.
I assigned some different materials, in the following order (Fig.11):
• A basic material 2 with a high specular for the hairs, moustache and eyebrows
• A basic material with a low specular for the clothes
• The matcap metal 01 for the tie to give it a satin effect
• A quadshader (composed of a basic material, a Fresnel Overlay to simulate the scatter effect and a basic material 2 to control the specular separately) for his skin.
< previous page next page >