Model the belt 2
To model the buckle (Fig.17):
- From the Extended primitives, create the C-Ext primitive to create a C shaped object.
- Apply an Edit Poly modifier. Select the corner edges and use Chamfer with three steps. Adjust the vertexes to create some nice curves at the corners. Create someedge loops on the three sides of the buckle to allow it to bend.
- Select the edges of the buckle and apply a small chamfer to catch highlights.
- Apply a Bend modifier to curve the buckle.
- Apply a TurboSmooth modifier to subdivide and smooth the buckle.
Model the belt 3
To create the buckle pins:
- Create a line as in Fig.18.
- Use a Sweep modifier with a Bar section. Use the Corner radius value to chamfer the edges.
- With an Edit Poly chamfer the edge at the tip of the pin.
- Apply a TurboSmooth modifier to round it.
- Clone it to create the second pin.
To create the belt loop:
- Create a rectangle shape with some corner radius to make the corners round.
- Apply an Edit Spline modifier to make the loop rounder at the front.
- Apply a Sweep modifier with a Bar section.
To create the belt tip:
- Create a box with three height segments.
- With Edit Poly create two edge loops in the middle section and one edge loop at the top and bottom sections.
- Move the vertexes to create an arrow shaped tip, as in the image.
- Chamfer the edges.
- Apply a TurboSmooth modifier to make it rounder.
Model the Trouser Straps
- Create a line representing the path of one trouser straps.
- Apply a Sweep modifier with a bar Section and a small chamfer.
- Make sure Gen Mapping Coords is ON.
- Apply a Smooth modifier with a Threshold of about 50 to generate the smoothing groups on the strap.
- Copy and position the straps around the waist. In Fig.19 you can see how I have placed mine.
As you might have noticed, I didn't create any holes on the belt. We will do that in the texture. However, without any references it would be quite difficult to know where to place the holes with precision, as the buckle pins must go through the holes (Fig.20).
< previous page next page >