Then I increased the number of subdivision levels and worked on detailing the character. I didn't work on the skin texture because, like I said earlier, I didn't want to have normal frog-like skin (Fig.04).
For the armor, I quickly made a base mesh in 3ds Max to allow me to see the silhouette and understand the number of needed elements (Fig.05).
After that I imported the mesh back into ZBrush and began to add detail to the clothing. It's good if the details of armor are not random, but tell the story of the character, so I added the skull of a beast to show that my hero was a skilled and experienced warrior. As a reference I used the skulls of a lioness and a wolverine and made it from a ZSphere. I also added a spaulder to make the character less symmetrical (Fig.06).
I used the Move brush and DynaMesh to form the main features. For the lasing of the wooden parts of armor I made an alpha and made it wooden with the help of the Slash1 brush (Fig.07).