The amp was created using simple poly modeling and, as for the front piece, it's a plane with an Opacity map that I will explain later in the shading section.
The bed cover was modeled from a plane and then exported as an .obj to ZBrush to add some details, although I'm not that satisfied with its final look.
The threads at the end of the carpet are a scattered line with a Sweep modifier, using the scatter compound object with some tweaks to avoid intersection with the floor and to give seamless distribution (Fig.04).
Texturing and Shading
I took photos of different parts in my room like the floor, the carpet and the oil painting and tweaked them so they were seamlessly rendered.I applied reflections to almost every single material in the scene, turning Fresnel on when needed. This is a rule that I follow when trying to achieve realistic and high quality outputs (Fig.05 - 08).
My scene is all about reflections and refractions, considering the curtain and lamp's head piece to refract the main lights that light up the room. The lamp's head piece is made up of two offset cylindrical shapes with a different material for each one. The outer one is refractive fabric with an opacity map and the inner one is refractive thin plastic (Fig.09).
And as I mentioned in the modeling section, the amp's front piece is a reflective hard material with an Opacity map. For the guitar knobs I used a VrayBlendMaterial, which was a very helpful and time-saving process (Fig.10 - 11).
< previous page next page >