Okay, so with the background finished, let's move on.
Back in 3ds Max, I opened the scene which I called Main_Scene_. The file Unicorn_001 was then inserted into the scene and moved out so that its position coincided with the main axes of the SShip_Pivots (Fig.19). I rendered the resulting scene with an alpha channel, and inserted the result in the Photoshop scene, Test_001.
For this, I used one light source, of the Omni type, and the free Trail plug-in from Mr. Kuznetsova (http://www.lastjedioutpost.cgtalk.ru). Basically, it's possible to use not just one source of illumination for the creation of a flame through the help of this plug-in. First of all, to achieve a high quality "blast”, I changed the Particle Quantity parameter, which I set to 2000 (Menu.07). , so in the Brightness tab under Final, under the Particle Visualize Parameters section, I made it 30. I also increased the Initial/Final Balance parameter to 0.75. With everything done correctly, I ended up with the result shown (Fig.20).
At this stage it was all about refining the image (Fig.21). As before, I used some filters – Channel Mixer and Photo filter, to achieve the final results shown in Fig.22. To check the accuracy, I superimposed the image of the original markings onto the final image (Fig.23), and for greater emphasis I added two black stripes to the top and bottom of the picture, but this simply a matter of personal tastes (Fig.24).