Next I began modeling the seat, which was the most pleasant part of the modeling process for me. I was inspired by science fiction designs of the 1980s on the seats and indicators. I wanted to design an advanced level technology, but one that wasn't too futuristic so that you could imagine it maybe being applied in 30 years or so (Fig.07).
Now it was time for the indicators. I must confess that this part frustrated me. I had to model, erase and model again a few times in order to get what I wanted (Fig.08).
After this I completed my model gradually. I'm not going to write about all the stages as that would take too long, but I hope what I have covered will help you understand my modeling process a little. You can see the finished model in Fig.09 – 10.
The second stage of this project was the texturing, which required special attention. After a few trials and tests, I began texturing properly. 3DTotal's texture DVDs
helped me a lot to obtain very good and effective results.
Firstly, I planned to use damaged and worn textures rather than clean ones. Then, I began to choose textures from the 3DTotal DVDs. I was careful about my choices because the textures were large and detailed, and I copied and pasted them into my project file according to the DVD categories in about three hours. I proceeded gradually, opening the textures I'd chosen for the main texturing in Photoshop, and starting to edit them. Here are the first textures I used (Fig.11 – 12).
As the camouflage texture was going to be the basic background, I wanted it to be dirty and sludgy. So I integrated the "Dirt_08" file from the 3DTotal Textures V08:R2 – Vehicles DVD
with the "camouflage_01” texture from the same set using the alpha channel in Photoshop (Fig.13).