The Thermaltake Tsunami case was modeled with the help of my friend Jorge Amigo "Joalamber”, and the same with the laptop, which was modeled entirely by Alejandro Martín "R|P” (Fig.07).
The chain was made from a modified torus, and then instancing and rotating the chain links to follow the path that I liked. Before that, I tried using the Path Deform modifier, but I was not satisfied with the result, which is why I ended up doing it by hand (Fig.08).
The papers on the floor are simple spheres, with a Noise modifier and several seeds to make them slightly different, and an FFD-Box to flatten them at the bottom where they are in contact with the floor (Fig.09).
Some other objects were a challenge to my skills, since I'm not used to do any kind of organic modeling. One of those was the phone, or the speakers, which I modeled by following some video tutorials I found on Evermotion: http://www.evermotion.org/index.php?unfold_exclusive=94&unfold=exclusive
There are some other additional objects that came from libraries, even though I tried to use pre-existing models as little as possible.
So we finally come to the hardest (to me) part of the process. As I've said, when I started this project, there were some techniques that I hadn't used before. Unwrapping was one of them. So I practiced unwrapping 20 different books, magazines, PC components boxes, and other elements. Nothing difficult (just some modified boxes), but they were very useful for me to learn and practice, which was the main purpose of the project (Fig.11).
I used V-Ray materials for every object in the scene, lots of them with their Bump and Specular. For example, here you have the wooden floor. In this case I used also the ColorCorrect plugin in order to have more control over the color, brightness and contrast of the texture, without externally modifying the bitmap itself (Fig.12).
Another example is the prisoner ball, which is a Blend material between a clean glossy metal, a corroded metal, and a mask to mix them (Fig.13).