Hello guys, my name is Marcos Nicacio and I'm here to show you the process I used to create my recent work: The Princess.
This project was requested by Nitroglicerina studio, and they provided to me a sketch (Fig.01). I was then free to create my vision of a classic princess in a white and gold detailed dress.
I started modeling the head using the poly-by-poly technique and always following the original concept. Her main characteristics were the facial expression and fleshy lips, and I wanted to make these elements very clear.
Once I was happy with the head, I moved onto modeling in the hair. In beginning it was a challenge because the hair is a weird shape with curly parts. I took the polygons from the top of her head and detached them to make a new mesh and give the right shape to the middle part. After that I created splines for the curly parts and extruded the front polygons with the Extrude Along Spline tool using the splines as references (Fig.02).