I made a plane with high subdivisions in Max, converted it to a cloth object, made a simple simulation and collapsed the stack and exported the mesh to ZBrush (Fig.06)
The bag was fun to create. I started from a cube in Max, made basic cuts in the geometry and split the bag according to its material. I split it into eight or nine different parts, took them separately to ZBrush and detailed each part. I later constructed the threading that holds all the parts together and also the zippers. There was lot of to-ing and fro-ing between ZBrush and Max for the bag. Once all the parts were detailed separately, I combined them all into one subtool. Even when the bag was a single subtool, the polygroup feature enabled me to select each part separately and detail it if necessary at a later stage. This was especially helpful in selecting and shaping the straps to conform to the body (Fig.07).
So, one by one, I brought all the parts into ZBrush, and sculpted them. I used various alphas for pore details on the face (Fig.08).
I exported the face in its lowest subdivision to Max for modeling the hair. I used the Line tool, and started constructing the hair. I switched on Enable in View Port under the Rendering tab and set the rendering method to Rectangular (Fig.09).
I used the Decimation Master on the subtools and exported a decimated mesh to Max for modeling the low res. I either constructed a completely new lowres from scratch or edited the highres. The aim was to get a lowres completely conformed to the highres, so that the generated normal map was most effective (Fig.10).
< previous page next page >