Assembly of the final scene
With the airplane and the scene ready, it was time to put the two together, and for that I had to wreck the airplane. I opted to do that manually, separating the elements, and mashing and tearing the bodywork.
To tear the bodywork I used the Cut tool of the Editable Poly to demarcate the mesh at the position of the cut.
The parts that were pulled out of the main body of the airplane, already demarcated, were selected through the polygon selection and separated with the Detach option.
I once again used the Noise tool to make the masks. To be able to use the effect only on the selected areas, I used the Poly Select modifier, with the option Soft Selection activated.
In the parts that were separated from the main body I also applied the Shell modifier to give these parts some thickness (Fig.15).
I knew that the lighting should be pale and diffuse, because the intention for the scene was to picture a blizzard during the day. To achieve this result I used a very simple alternative. A Skylight with HDRI, which was also used on the Environment as a reflection map, and a mr Area Omni with the shadows completely softened so that the scene would not be marked (Fig.16).
When it was all ready I just had to wait a few hours for the render to be completed, so that the post production adjustments and corrections could be performed (Fig.17).
The post production work was divided between After Effects and Photoshop. The first corrections were made in Photoshop and consisted of removing and fixing minor imperfections. For these corrections I used the tools Healing and Clone Stamp (Fig.18).
The second stage in Photoshop was to create a Matte Painting to serve as the background of the scene (Fig.19).
With the corrections and the Matte Painting ready, I took the materials to the After Effects to begin the assembly of the elements. The first stage was to compose the render with the Matte Painting (Fig.20).
< previous page next page >