The image was still missing some things at this stage, such as some scale indication between the environment and the ships (the character in the foreground was throwing things into confusion a bit), so I started adding some little marks of land, and islands to help the scale and composition.
Even at this stage, I still didn't feel there was enough separation between the foreground, mid-ground and background, and I especially didn't feel the scooter was close enough.Â So I added some mist and atmosphere, along with some reflections and two wings on the scooter to make it fly (Fig07).Â The haze and mist helped increase the size, too.
A few more islands and details were added to the huge ship here, and some touches were made here and there - et voila!Â It was done.Â
I learned a lot during this image; I changed my way of working drastically - in a good way!Â My current artwork feels happy, and hopefully I'm improving with each new piece.Â To finish up, here's a detail of the final piece (Fig08).
I hope you have found something interesting from this! Â Good luck with your own projects!
< previous page