Once the modeling process was finished I created a simple cavity map from ZBrush to use it later on in the shading process. This map could also be used as a mask, for the V-RayBlend, or used as a bump on the base material (Fig.04).
After that I used Decimation Master and imported the model into 3ds Max for the rendering (Fig.05).
Before I start the lighting process I always like to do a little research on photography sites to get an idea of the feeling that I want in my scene, because bad lighting can ruin a great model. In this case I did a simple lighting setup, with three lights and a white background, because I wanted contrast in the scene - not just a light that showed the model, but a light that created a dramatic look. As you can see in Fig.06, the top light helped me to create some shadows on its face and the eyes, and inside the mouth. The other lights, I used to create the backlight, which helped to highlight the silhouette and create some shining spots.
The next step was to create the shader. It wasn't a complicated shader; my main goal was to reach a good-looking bronze aspect, with green spots and an un-polished look. In this case I used a blend material: the base material was a green opaque shader, and the first layer was the bronze. As I mentioned before, I used the cavity map from ZBrush to separate the shader layers (Fig.07).