KeyShot 4 is the latest iteration of the industry-standard renderer that brings new features and more polish to your work. Niles Doubleday checks it out...
Product: KeyShot 4
* The KeyShot 4 user interface makes the 3D rendering and animation process simple and fast.
* Use 700+ materials, 50+ lighting environments, labels, texture and opacity maps to create exactly the look you need.
* Use the intuitive animation system to apply transforms on models and cameras to see an animation take shape before your eyes in real time.
* Sequence and adjust your animation as it plays!
Minimum 2GB of RAM
* Minimum 1GB hard disk space
* 3 button mouse
* Monitor resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater
* Any graphics card
* Internet connection for product activation
is a standalone rendering software aimed at product designers and modelers. Luxion has a long history of updating and improving its software; version 4 is no different, with lots of added features over previous versions. Some improvements include better integration with modeling packages such as ZBrush, as well as round-edge rendering.
A quick hard-surface model from 3ds Max created to demonstrate some of the materials that come with KeyShot 4
For those unfamiliar with previous versions of KeyShot, it provides fast, very high-quality renders of product development style meshes. It is incredibly good at supporting millions of polygons and will now import files from ZBrush, allowing for different materials based on PolyGroups.
"Simply drag the material on to your mesh and witness the magic of KeyShot create photo-real renders of your meshes right before your eyes"
The real beauty of this software for the average user is the ease of use. KeyShot comes with an extensive material library including both real-world and stylized surfaces. With KeyShot's physical-based material system, no matter what lighting scenario you choose, it will light correctly - no need to guess! Simply drag the material on to your mesh and witness the magic of KeyShot create photorealistic renders of your meshes right before your eyes. Choose from a variety of pre-made HDRI scenarios or import your own for further customization. Luxion also offers an animation upgrade package for those looking to make video.
A ZBrush model of a cartoon-style character using 2 different HDRI environments. The same materials are used in both shots
next page >